AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whats happened to boxing??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Boxing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asiaexpat
Professional
Professional

129 Ants

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Whats happened to boxing?? Reply with quote

have politics destoyed boxing? I dont even know who the champs are these days.

Dont mind all these diferent boxing associations but they should do more to unify titles and bring back some fun to the sport.
Spicoli02
Professional
Professional

197 Ants

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's tough having 3 different belts, but at the same time there are a ton of weight classes..
dojo
Semi-professional
Semi-professional

57 Ants

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Politics seem to destroy all sports nowadays. Unfortunatelly the sportsmen have to suffer from all this havoc caused by people who are there only for money and have nothing to do with the sport spirit. And all the federations and "wings" cannot do anything but bad things since the unity is compromised. The same is happening in the MA world. Not even in a style people are able to go together Sad
asiaexpat
Professional
Professional

129 Ants

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MA world -u mean martial Arts??

I have been watching Pride matches lately--they don't have UFC on TV here
capebretoner
Semi-professional
Semi-professional

131 Ants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Politcs never works, especially in the political world.

I do have a hard time keeping track of everything going on in boxing, I think that it would be great that if the associations would merge, or at least ONE become dominant and the true "best guy" association like most other sports, Hockey=NHL, Baseball=MLB, etc....
thitiya_22
Apprentice
Apprentice

11 Ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The politics that are currently ruining boxing have been in place since the days of Jack Johnson. Sanctioning bodies arbitrarily stripping titles, declaring false champions and selling position on thier rankings. But the fighters themselves are just as much at fault by padding their records, fighting uselss manditories instead of a tougher opponent who meets with public approval, taking long layoffs, not training adequately the list goes on. I agree that there should be only one governing body in boxing, but the fighters themselves need to put in more effort as well if boxing is to enjoy the mainstream success that it did in the past.
capebretoner
Semi-professional
Semi-professional

131 Ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thitiya_22 wrote:
The politics that are currently ruining boxing have been in place since the days of Jack Johnson. Sanctioning bodies arbitrarily stripping titles, declaring false champions and selling position on thier rankings. But the fighters themselves are just as much at fault by padding their records, fighting uselss manditories instead of a tougher opponent who meets with public approval, taking long layoffs, not training adequately the list goes on. I agree that there should be only one governing body in boxing, but the fighters themselves need to put in more effort as well if boxing is to enjoy the mainstream success that it did in the past.

The training thing is HUGE. I have watched a few big fights where the boxers didn't even look like they were "into it"

They were obviously there just to collect a paycheque
thitiya_22
Apprentice
Apprentice

11 Ants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

capebretoner wrote:
thitiya_22 wrote:

The training thing is HUGE. I have watched a few big fights where the boxers didn't even look like they were "into it"

They were obviously there just to collect a paycheque

I truly believe that if a fighter loses, he should only recieve enough payment to cover training expenses. When these guys begin to realize that if they don't win, they don't eat, we'll see a remarkable increase in conditioning, training and performance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Boxing Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum