AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEARLY.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Rugby Union Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: NEARLY. Reply with quote

We NEARLY gave England something to gloat about on Saturday,playing theSpringboks B side,17-0 down after only 9 minutes play,it looked on the cards for a hammering for the Wallabies,BUT.....true to Aussie tradition,they stopped the scoring and did some of their own,ending up 25-17 winners.....I reckon the Boks B side would beat most National teams.....adi,you cant criticise our forwards after this performance..did you see the Professional fouls the Boks came up with???? 3 blatant ones that I saw.
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I didn't watch the game as I was in London watching the start of the Tour de France, although with the weakened Springboks team I'm not sure I'd have watched it anyway. It does show that the Boks have decent strength in depth, as we found out last autumn. Looking good for an Australian Tri-Nations win now.

[/url]
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlucky for the Aussies today. You guys didn't seem to have any go forward in the pack as the NZ forwards bossed the show, restricting you guys to penalties from distance.

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adigaskell wrote:
Unlucky for the Aussies today. You guys didn't seem to have any go forward in the pack as the NZ forwards bossed the show, restricting you guys to penalties from distance.

Not sure what the final stats were,but at half time,Australia had 61% territorial advantage to All Blacks 39%, two dubious penalties cost us 6 points,and the awarded try was VERY dubious,I saw the slow-mo replay countless times,and could see no sign of the kiwi actually grounding the ball,....anyhow I am happy with our performance,and we still have a few players nearly ready to make the team again,...one thing I AM certain of,is that we will make the WC final,and if it turns out as you predicted,adi,play France in the final..............EASY MAN EASY.
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If France get to the final I'll be amazed.

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Rugby Union Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum