AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

France v Argentine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Rugby Union Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: France v Argentine Reply with quote

I dragged myself out of bed in the early hours this morning to watch the France v Argentine game,the standard of play,(I thought ) wasquite good,but the thing that amazed me was the Referee,I thought he did a magnificent job and I would give him 10/10,I didn't notice one bad mistake from him,and only a few very minor ones,(ones I only saw through the slow mo replay's. at this moment I am not sure who the Ref was but I shall remember this performance for a long time.......( a gigantic change from the standard of umpiring we get over here in Australian rules,where we have 3 field umpires in every game).and very often they each have different interpretations of the rules, ...Although I admit they have a lot more ground to cover than in the other codes,
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Spreadbury (sp). He's English y'see, we can do some things well Very Happy RU officials over here always remind me of headteachers in public schools for some reason Laughing

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adigaskell wrote:
Tony Spreadbury (sp). He's English y'see, we can do some things well Very Happy RU officials over here always remind me of headteachers in public schools for some reason Laughing

I congratulate him,( not on being English) for a great performance,which proves one thing,even though your players may not be tops( tongue in cheek) your officials generally are,( Dicky Bird ) excluding the football referee that put Australia out of the world cup at soccer!!!! Embarassed Embarassed

Has he refereed in England since that debacle?? I know there was talks that his international carrier was finished.
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he's retired now Very Happy

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Rugby Union Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum