AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

England new favourites for World Cup
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Rugby Union Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:
Sure we can... whatever happens from now on, we still knocked you lot out. Razz

It is the most humiliating sports result for Australia that I can ever remember,worse than losing to .....Namibia. Smile
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:

Laughing

[/url]
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dante wrote:
paul wrote:

It is the most humiliating sports result for Australia that I can ever remember,worse than losing to .....Namibia. Smile

It's not too bad, at least you can say you lost to the winners twice in a row now Wink

[/url]
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, that was a nervy match. Neither side played particularly well but we showed just enough composure in the end to get through to the final. Well done England Smile

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adigaskell wrote:

It's not too bad, at least you can say you lost to the winners twice in a row now Wink

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed adi did you honestly think England had an icicle in hells chance of beating the Boks after that 36-0 defeat??? Must admit,it was closer than I expected,but I would not have backed England with YOUR money.

The match was a nightmare to watch,I got up at 3-00am to watch and no kidding,I found it to be the most boring game I have ever seen at international level,if all matches were played like this one, people would leave the code in droves, thank god teams like Australia,New Zealand,France,& maybe Argentina play the type of game that excites the spectators,but England certainly don't....This may sound a bit like sour grapes,but I would shudder to think that the Wallabies would ever play that brand of rugby.

Roll on 2111.
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit, it was a terrible game, kick kick kick kick zzzzzzzz. To be fair though we're simply not a good team and had to play to our strengths. I said before the tournament that the only way we'll progress is to play ten man rugby and use the forward strength. That we reached the final on that strategy has been a shock to pretty much everyone.

In terms of unexpected results and the emergence of Argentina the World Cup has been good, but in terms of quality of the play it has been pretty awful. Just be grateful that you're an Aussie because the better code (League) gets a decent amount of attention there. Here the newspapers are based in the south (Union territory) so League barely gets a mention and it's wall to wall coverage of how amazing Wilkinson is. These clowns have obviously never seen Lockyer or Johns play rugby.

[/url]
laz
Champion
Champion

308 Ants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We never looked like winning really - quite an anticlimax IMHO. But then, if we'd grounded that "try" before putting a toe out, or Jonny had kicked a little better, who knows...?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Rugby Union Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum