AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doug Howlett apologies after Heathrow arrest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Rugby Union Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tzh
Apprentice
Apprentice

15 Ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Doug Howlett apologies after Heathrow arrest Reply with quote

Howlett took the unusual step ofissuing a video message in which he said: “Firstly I’d like to say I amsorry for what has happened. I am embarrassed that the events of one eveninghave led to me being in this situation.“It was a little bit of tomfoolery. I apologise to the people back home,family and friends, the New Zealand public, fans and my team-mates.“I am working with the police at the moment to contact owners and fix what Ihave done wrong. It is an embarrassing time but I do take soleresponsibility. There was drink involved and it is not an excuse. There wasno intent to cause anybody or anything any harm whatsoever.”Howlett is among several players to have remained in Europe following NewZealand’s 20-18 defeat in Cardiff, their earliest exit from a World Cup. Heis scheduled to join Munster on a two-and-a-half year contract from January1.The New Zealand Rugby Union have launched an investigation into the incident.“We are waiting for the police to conclude their inquiries. Once thatoccurs, we will initiate our own process to look into the incident andrelated issues,” Shand said.“It is a serious matter and we are concerned that something of this nature hasoccurred at what is already a disappointing time for the team and for oursupporters.”Howlett is New Zealand’s record try-scorer with 49 from 62 Tests, havingovertake Christian Cullen during the World Cup.

This article comes from: http://e.ygddai.com/sport/Football/200710/Doug_Howlett_apologies_after_Heathrow_arrest_3431.html
tom33
Apprentice
Apprentice

8 Ants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a crazy story.
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a rugby story so should be in the rugby union forum Smile

[/url]
paul
World Champion
World Champion

5441 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duly moved.

Also tzh... what's the purpose of all these news posts? I notice they're all going to the same site. Is it safe to assume that you have an association with the site you keep plugging? Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Rugby Union Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business ForumSport ForumTravel Forum