AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NRL Fan Day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Rugby League Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mj
Professional
Professional

285 Ants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: NRL Fan Day Reply with quote

Around 15,000 fans have braved terrible weather at Sydney Olympic Park on Saturday to see players from all 16 NRL teams gathered for the first ever time.

The fan day was part of centenary celebrations for Australian rugby league, and included a historic mass photograph of every current NRL player.

NRL chief executive David Gallop said the day was a huge success, and thanked fans for turning out in such large numbers.

"It's never been done before, it's a once-in-a-lifetime moment for the game, to celebrate a centenary," he said.

"Of course the game's history is going to be cherished, but it's also about the 2008 year and the next 100 years."
jambowambo
World Champion
World Champion

650 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great idea to make rugby league a bigger sport, and I reckon Super League should try that out. They are trying to get rugby league bigger by getting more teams in (talks about upping teams to 14), but this would be a fantastic day out for rugby league fans and people who want to try rugby league.
mj
Professional
Professional

285 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the fan day ,it was a great day because fans mingled so well.The players seemed to enjoy the day as well.I was surprised by the size of some of the players,Preston Campbell is tiny close up but I needed a ladder to to speak to Israel Falou and Greg Inglis.The other funny thing was lack of ego from most of the players.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Rugby League Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum