AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wallabies v All Blacks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Rugby Union Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Wallabies v All Blacks Reply with quote

Adi (not Paul) I dont know whether they showyou matches play in the Southern Hemisphere in England, but we had a cracker yesterday between the Wallabies & All Blacks,we gave the ABs a hiding 34-19 and what pleased me most of all was that our pack is nearly there,they certainly matched the blacks although both teams had their captains missing,we lacked nothing in the back lines,I dont think the Blacks missed McCaws professional fouls because ALL their forwards are masters of this sin,and the referees seem mesmerised by it and they get away with near murder, Smith again was dominant in the packs,but the ABs out played us easily in the Mauls (56-17) the last tally I saw on TV....I think we play them again next weekend in New Zealand.
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tri Nations are usually shown on Sky, but I don't have Sky so havn't seen any of them. It doesn't seem surprising that the AB's are struggling though after losing so many players after the World Cup. Australia must top the table now?

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adigaskell wrote:
The Tri Nations are usually shown on Sky, but I don't have Sky so havn't seen any of them. It doesn't seem surprising that the AB's are struggling though after losing so many players after the World Cup. Australia must top the table now?

I think they are top of the Tri-Nations table,but also if they beat the ABs next Saturday they will regain the World No1 ranking.after several years in the wilderness.

This is a great start for the Wallabies New Zealand coach Robbie Dean,although from some reports on our TV and in the newspapers lots of Australians dont like the idea of a "foreign "coach,and apparently they are already screaming in New Zealand that Dean should have been given the All Blacks coaching position after their failed World Cup.

You are aware that I am a bit obsessed with speed in Rugby,well yesterday the Wallabies new hooker kicked an up & under about 50 metres and followed through to put his team mates on side,and he amazed me and the commentators with his pace,he moved like a centre....I just love to see forwards move quickly,backs are supposed to move fast..forwards aren't.

The officials slipped up somewhere in the match,the ABs took their scrum half off mid way in the 2nd half,..then the reserve scrum half got an injury,and the original scrum half was allowed to return to the field of play.WRONG.
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you play running rugby having speed in the pack is crucial because it not only allows you to punch holes in the defence more regularly, it also lets the back row get to the break down quickly, which in turn lets you attack against a broken defensive line. That's what made the AB's so strong for the last few years.

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Rugby Union Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum