AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the power of grapefruit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Health & Fitness Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxter28
Novice
Novice

5 Ants

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: the power of grapefruit Reply with quote

hi all
i order magazines from mens health and i saw this article that said if you drink about half a glass of grapefruit in the mornings, the acid the grapefruit has will increase the level of the metabulism. Now i dont know if its true or not, but i think mens health magazine has a good reputation.
aaron
Groundsman
Groundsman

6175 Ants

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could help from a fibre point of view also I'd guess although I wonder if that grapefruit juice in cartons has the same effect or does it need to be freshly squeezed...? Not entirely sure I could actually do that however every morning.

Aaron
Maxter28
Novice
Novice

5 Ants

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have also seen another article, where you drink about 3 glasses of water before you site down to eat. Then when you start eating, before you know it you'll feel full. Now, like i said, dont know if it works. never tried it
thebassman
Champion
Champion

485 Ants

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can atest to the water thing... it works pretty well... I wouldn't go overboard and drink 3 glasses of water righr before a meal... but about an hour before you eat, just go through a litre of water from a waterbottle or something... you'll digest your food better, and will "fill up" faster.
cathy653
Semi-professional
Semi-professional

51 Ants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that if we are suffering from gum bleeding then 2 grape fruits daily for 15 days helps to reduce gum bleeding
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Health & Fitness Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business ForumSport ForumTravel Forum