AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amberleigh House

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Horse Racing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaron
Groundsman
Groundsman

6175 Ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Amberleigh House Reply with quote

Grand National winner Amberleigh House will have his first race since his Aintree triumph at Haydock today. The 12-year-old is running over hurdles as part of his traditional warm-up for next month's Becher Chase, in which he was second last year to Clan Royal.

Aaron
paul
World Champion
World Champion

5441 Ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and not a very impressive performance as it turned out. Finished 9th. Shocked

Paul
Marcus
Apprentice
Apprentice

14 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw him running in the Becher Chase, in very testing conditions, and with a lot of good Aintree horses. He didn't run bad at all, finished fourth or fifth after a good run home, and is now 25/1 with Ladbrokes for the Big One in april. The winner today was Silver Birch for Paul Nicholls, with Ruby Walsh on board. Also 25/1 for the National, although it's not sure if this one runs (he needs to climb up in the handicap, at least tha't's what I understood - the BBC mikes weren't working that well Confused).

Cracking race by the way, this year's Becher's, with around 10 horses still with a chance going to the last. Just In Debt, whom I fancied in this year's National, ran very well and finished a close 2nd. He might have another go at the National next year.
Marcus
Apprentice
Apprentice

14 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver Birch has won the Welsh National very impressively, on heavy ground. He is now the 16/1 favourite for the National. Which means that Amberleigh House, 4th in the Becher Chase behind Silver Birch, is still a candidate - if he remains OK - to run in the frame next april at Aintree.
Marcus
Apprentice
Apprentice

14 Ants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today it's the National and Amberleigh House is there. Trying to become the first 13-year old winner since 1923, when Sergeant Murphy won the race. He'd also be the first back-to-back winner since McCain's Red Rum managed to do that in 1973 and 1974. Is it possible?

I won't back him. I decided that this week. The odds are against him. (Or something like that.)

The last time I picked the winner was 1991 (Seagram), so my record is rather bad. Nevertheless I'll have another go. Because of his name I think I have to back Marcus du Berlais and hope he'll run as well as Ebony Jane did in 1994. Just a week after her 3rd place in the Irish National she finished 4th in the National on heavy ground. So it is possible to run a good race after completing such a marathon.
My other choise would be Spotthedifference. (You've noticed I'd like to back dark horses.) He's had a good season so far and he'll stay. I just hope he doesn't get too far behind from the start.

But if you really want to back a possible winner: make another choice. Strong Resolve, Forest Gunner (that would be great!), Innox.... anyone will do Smile.
paul
World Champion
World Champion

5441 Ants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hedgehunter it was... a good race and yet another year without me winning. Crying or Very sad

I backed Marcus du Berlais and Heros Collonges... I don't know what happened to either as I didn't hear them get much of a mention, and haven't yet checked the press, but it sounded like Heros Collonges was up among them. Sadly it didn't make the first four, though.

Maybe next year...? Wink

Paul
paul
World Champion
World Champion

5441 Ants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the full list for anyone wanting to find out where they finished/what happened:

1610 John Smith's Grand National Chase (4m 4f)
1. Hedgehunter
2. Royal Auclair
3. Simply Gifted
4. It Takes Time
5. Forest Gunner
6. Nil Desperandum
7. Innox
8. Heros Collognes
9. Just In Debt
10. Amberleigh House
11. Binderee
12. Iznagoud
13. Polar Red
14. Joly Bey
15. L'Aventure
16. Monty's Pass
17. Strong Resolve
18. Spot Thedifference
19. Arctic Copper
20. Europa
21. Shamawan

FENCE ONE
Fell: Lord Atterbury Unseated: Frenchman's Creek

FENCE TWO
Unseated: Ballycassidy, Risk Accessor

FENCE NINE
Unseated: Native Emperor

FENCE 10
Fell: Merchant's Friend

FENCE 13
Pulled up: Astonville

FENCE 15 (The Chair)
Unseated: Take The Stand

FENCE 19
Pulled up: Jakari

FENCE 20
Fell: Foly Pleasant

FENCE 21
Pulled up: Le Coudray Unseated: Double Honour

FENCE 22 (Becher's Brook)
Refused: Ballybough Rasher Fell: Ad Hoc Carried out: Clan Royal Unseated: Marcus Du Berlais

FENCE 27
Pulled up: Colnel Rayburn

FENCE 28
Pulled up: Fondmort, Glenelly Gale

Paul
Marcus
Apprentice
Apprentice

14 Ants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Hedgehunter was among the horses I backed last year. This year I didn't like his prize! Silly me. Great run by him, though. And very bad luck (again) for AP McCoy and also (again) for his mount Clan Royal, when they got knocked out of the race by a riderless horse at Becher's second time around.

If both horses return next year, I think Clan Royal will carry a much 'easier' weight. So who knows, it's gonna be third time lucky for him.
garylester
Apprentice
Apprentice

13 Ants

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a once a year punter and i managed to back Amberleigh House
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Horse Racing Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum