AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sensible priced wetsuits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Watersports Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulinedonnelly
Novice
Novice

4 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: sensible priced wetsuits Reply with quote

Hi,
I am new to watersports and want to get a decent full suit without paying through the nose, any ideas what I should get and where best place to go.
regards Pauline
paul
World Champion
World Champion

5441 Ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try your local surf shops in Cornwall. They should be able to advise and may well have second hand ones if cost is an issue.
Tricky23
Apprentice
Apprentice

13 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When getting your first wetsuit be sure to carefully consider what time of year you will be using it.

From November to May in the UK you need a 5mm suit ideally. From May to October you can get a 3mm suit which will be cheaper.

Good brands that you are likely to come across in Cornwall are West, Xcel, Snugg etc. You usually get what you pay for. A summer suit around 120 should be okay... winter suits are good quality around 160 plus.

Winter suits often go on sale Jan / Feb and summer suits from Sept...good luck.

Surf & Skate http://www.BackyardsShop.com
Freakfish1
Apprentice
Apprentice

9 Ants

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends what you mean when you say paying through the nose? Whats your budget?

A decent wetsuit should cost no more than 130-150.

Depends if you want a summer wetsuit or winter wetsuit?

If you want a wetsuit which will do you all year round, just go for a 5/3mm. If you order online make sure you weigh and measure yourself and use the sizing charts. If in need contact the shop and they will tell you which size will fit. This is how i bought mine, they helped a lot[/url]
icantsurf
Apprentice
Apprentice

10 Ants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old thread, but i wondered if i could refresh because its similar to my topic?

Basically i'm starting to surf this summer, Im in my late 50's and i'm looking to buy a wetsuit and surf board. I am moving to Cornwall to retire early, and have always wanted to surf after having lessons at Sennen cove well over 17 years ago.

Which wetsuits are good? I have never heard of any of these brands West, Xcel, Snugg.

I only want a cheapy because as you know, savings in the bank dont produce great return right now.
paul
World Champion
World Champion

5441 Ants

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought a wetsuit for our younger son.

I looked at eBay and instead ended up reverting to a 'sell and seek' group on Facebook for our local area.

I posted on the group "Seeking child's full length wetsuit age 9-10" (or something like that). I got a response within about 10 minutes and bought a perfect Gul one for just 10... a steal!

Might be worth a shot for your local area?
icantsurf
Apprentice
Apprentice

10 Ants

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

I am still yet to buy one. The water is too damn cold right now here and i was told by a surf shop that i will need a thinner wetsuit for summer. I didn't want to buy a thick wetsuit and get no use out of it until next winter. I'm going to hang on until the water warms and a thin wetsuit as instructed.

Ebay is ok, but if i wanted to return it due to sizing then i'm stuck. I will update on what i get in a month
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Watersports Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum