AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yet another embarrassment for Australia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Motorsport Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Yet another embarrassment for Australia Reply with quote

When is this idiot Webb going to call it a day in F1 racing?? I believe this guy has had DNF behind his name than any other driver I can think of,I dont think he has finished a race this season, I feel total ashamed to see "Australia" behind his name,I think he should revert back to Go-cart racing,he (might) get a few wins there. To the best of my knowledge he has driven for three different outfits,and he is still unable to get many cars that will go the distance, surely the manufacturers cant be all to blame for hisDNFs.
paul
World Champion
World Champion

5441 Ants

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you perpetually feel the need to get on the backs of people who don't achieve in sport? Not everyone can be a winner, and even just getting to a level where are you participating in F1 is no mean achievement that very, very few will ever achieve.

Paul
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus having the right car is so important. Louis Hamilton wouldn't be 2nd in the world champs if he swapped cars with Jenson Button for instance.

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:

Why do you perpetually feel the need to get on the backs of people who don't achieve in sport? Not everyone can be a winner, and even just getting to a level where are you participating in F1 is no mean achievement that very, very few will ever achieve.

Paul

Paul,where do you get the "perpetual" from,I haven't been on this forum very long,and I don't recollect getting on the backs of anyone other than Webb,and Hewitt,and being an Aussie,I reserve the right to criticise them,(who are both Aussies),I am always ready to praise sportspersons who deserve it,so likewise I shall continue to scold those who I think are rubbish(like Webb) In my circle of friends,we all talk about the embarrassment we feel with Webb being as useless as he appears to be. If I were a pom,I would be embarrassed by Henman,yet he is miles better performer than is Webb.
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:

Paul

At the risk of upsetting you againPaul,( for which I am not offering an apology) another embarrassing moment for Australian sport lovers, Go-cart driver Webb DNF again in another F1 GP,when I discuss sport with my friends,they invariably scoff at this d**k-head,and say they are ashamed of his perpetually inept performances in Motor sport.
He has driven for quite a few owners,and he cannot finish( through one reason or another).

You know what it is like for us to see his regular failures Paul,you get more than your share in England don't you? Rolling Eyes Very Happy
paul
World Champion
World Champion

5441 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, only just spotted this...

Dante wrote:
Paul,where do you get the "perpetual" from,I haven't been on this forum very long,and I don't recollect getting on the backs of anyone other than Webb,and Hewitt,and being an Aussie,I reserve the right to criticise them,(who are both Aussies),I am always ready to praise sportspersons who deserve it,so likewise I shall continue to scold those who I think are rubbish(like Webb) In my circle of friends,we all talk about the embarrassment we feel with Webb being as useless as he appears to be. If I were a pom,I would be embarrassed by Henman,yet he is miles better performer than is Webb.

Apologies... the 'perpetual' bit was probably a bit harsh. To explain, you joined at the same time as an Aussie member here got banned and, since you have on occasion posted from the same IP as him, there was strong suspicion amongst moderators that you and he were the same. (It's not uncommon for someone getting banned to attempt to re-join under another alias.)

You seem to have a number of similar Aussie traits to him if I can say that (but thankfully don't seem to exhibit his racist element which ultimately got him banned), and one of those traits was the non-acceptance of sportsmen and women that didn't quite make the grade. Just the achievement of becoming an F1 driver is phenomenal and something less than 0.00000001% (I'm guessing with my zeros!) of us will ever do. And, as Adi points out, once you do get there, even then it's still not about your ability, but also other factors such as your car and team.

As for Henman, I wouldn't say I was embarrassed by him. He is clearly an exceptional player... he's just some way short of the best out there. That's life... not everyone can be #1. Here in England, I guess we're just a bit different and used to not experiencing huge amounts of sporting success. Hey, we have a football (soccer) team that repeatedly disappoints, and we even celebrate the failures of the likes of Eddie the Eagle!

Paul
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't follow motor sport a great deal, does Webber fail to finish because he crashes or does his car break down?

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rightly or wrongly Paul,here in Australia we don't profess to " suffer fools " as far as our sportspersons are concerned,we expect,nay,DEMAND,that our top athletes perform "top"...when they do,they get applauded fittingly,whereas,if they perform "pissweak" as Webb,and to a slightly lesser extent,Hewitt are doing,then they "cop the flack".....I am one of just a few Aussies on this forum,and I will give them a Rollicking for under Achieving,when we know they should be performing better.can you imagine what the other few million Aussie sports supporters are saying about crap like Webb & Hewitt?but at least we have the other 99% of our sportspeople performing as we would require them to do........at least Paul,you can't say I just pick on English sportspeople to rubbish,if the persons are underachieving,then I reserve the right to say my piece,irrespective of colour or creed.
paul
World Champion
World Champion

5441 Ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dante wrote:
...reserve the right to say my piece,irrespective of colour or creed...

Of course... free speech and all that. I guess it must be a cultural difference. I just don't see the point in slagging off someone that might not be as good as someone else, especially if really your desire is to see that person win. It's not constructive towards making them perform better the next time they compete, IMO. This does seem to be more normal Down Under, however, so perhaps you lot just have a different outlook to us (or, at least, me).
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came 3rd yesterday didn't he?

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adigaskell wrote:
Came 3rd yesterday didn't he?

Yeh,Hamilton had better watch out now!!!! Embarassed
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What on earth happened to him on Sunday? How can you crash out when the safety car is on the track? Laughing

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Motorsport Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum