AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wallabies just lose to Springboks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Rugby Union Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Wallabies just lose to Springboks Reply with quote

Wallabies just lose 22-19 to a powerful Springboks side,whilst I am naturally a little disappointed,I am now increasingly hopeful for us in the coming World Cup, we haven;t beaten the Boks on that ground for 6 or 7 years,yet we NEARLY did it,but were beaten by two drop goals in the last 7 minutes( reminiscent of the last World cup final).

I am now totally convinced that only a Southern Hemisphere can win the World Cup,other teams are just making up the numbers.
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's inevitable that a southern hemisphere side will win it. The All Blacks are overwhelming favourites because they have strength in forwards and backs. The Springboks don't have the backs to win it I don't think, although with Steyn and Habana they are improving, they just need some half backs.

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adigaskell wrote:
I think it's inevitable that a southern hemisphere side will win it. The All Blacks are overwhelming favourites because they have strength in forwards and backs. The Springboks don't have the backs to win it I don't think, although with Steyn and Habana they are improving, they just need some half backs.

Do I take it from this thread that you don't rate Australia as a chance to win the cup??
don't forget,Australia usually thrash the Boks everywhere but in South Africa...very recently I think we scored over 50 points against them in Australia.....NEVER EVER underestimate the Aussies at ANY sport.
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that on paper you lack the strength in the forwards to challenge New Zealand, but as you say, Australia are outstanding in tournament situations so it wouldn't surprise me if they reached the final, after which anyone can win.

My head however says that New Zealand are too strong in all departments for anyone to challenge them, let alone beat them. They are an awesome unit and I don't think even the famous Aussie spirit can bridge the gap.

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the draw for the RU world cup,one can only expect a Australia v South Africa semi,and a New Zealand v France semi,....and if the odds are decent I will certainly put "a bit on Aussies to beat Springboks" seeing it is in France and not SA.

Pool A Pool B Pool C Pool D
England[15]
Samoa
South Africa[15]
Tonga
United States

Australia[15]
Canada
Fiji
Japan
Wales[15]

New Zealand[15]
Italy
Portugal
Romania
Scotland[15]

Argentina
France[15][16]
Georgia
Ireland[15]
Namibia

Last edited by Dante on Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bottom group looks interesting. Both Ireland and France are similar and probably represent the best northern hemisphere hopes but Argentina are improving a lot and have shown they can beat the leading nations on a regular basis.

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adigaskell wrote:
The bottom group looks interesting. Both Ireland and France are similar and probably represent the best northern hemisphere hopes but Argentina are improving a lot and have shown they can beat the leading nations on a regular basis.

I take it you don't class thev Wallabies asa leading nation,because Unless my memory is letting me down,I cant recall the Pumas beating us for yonks.
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've beaten all of the Six Nation teams and I think perhaps South Africa too so are probably more of a threat on the world stage than Italy (for instance) and probably the likes of Scotland too.

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Rugby Union Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum