AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

England v New Zealand Test series.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Rugby League Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: England v New Zealand Test series. Reply with quote

What is the general feeling in England regarding to upcoming series against New Zealand? ...do you reckon you have a chance of beating them in the Tests?.

I have a feeling the Kiwi's will scrape through for victory,but it could be close.
I know I bring this up every time,but I think that when a country has a pack of fast forwards they usually win matches,and NZ and Australia both have players in their packs who are fast enough to play in the back lines,and England always seem to think the heavier the pack the more efficient they are,...which Australia have kept proving them wrong for the last 25 plus years.

Anyhow,I am looking forward to watching a good series, I only hope we get the matches on TV in Australia.
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so sure about your thesis as we often seem to get decent territory but really struggle creatively when we get into the opposition 22. Trent Barrett has probably been the best half back in Super League this season and he wouldn't get near the Aussie side. That's our problem I think, we lack world class half backs, and quite probably any world class backs as well, especially with the likes of Carney and Robinson defecting to Union.

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you have lost your RU Crown,what's in it for you against the Kiwi's,...if they beat you in the coming test series you will drop to third ranking in the RL series, I know we gave them a big hiding on their own turf a couple of weeks ago,but that doesn't tell us much........by the way adi,Willy Mason is playing brilliantly at the moment. Smile Smile Smile and he is about 2 yards slower than Robinson(RU )
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not sure about the Kiwi series. We're looking a little better at half back with Rob Burrow playing very well at the moment. Whether he can transfer Super League form to internationals I don't know. His old Leeds coach is now GB coach so I suspect he'll get a chance.

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adigaskell wrote:
Yeah, I'm not sure about the Kiwi series. We're looking a little better at half back with Rob Burrow playing very well at the moment. Whether he can transfer Super League form to internationals I don't know. His old Leeds coach is now GB coach so I suspect he'll get a chance.

Well,England 1-0 up against the Kiwis,will they risk dropping the second test(asAustralia always do against England) to assure a bumper crowd for the final test??
probably not with being the home side,they should get a big crowd anyway.
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I think we'll go for a 3-0 series win if possible. The Kiwis don't look great to be honest and we should have won the last match by a lot more if we hadn't blown a number of chances to touch down.

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adigaskell wrote:
Nah, I think we'll go for a 3-0 series win if possible. The Kiwis don't look great to be honest and we should have won the last match by a lot more if we hadn't blown a number of chances to touch down.

I'm far frm happy with this report.

Burgess cleared over high shot

Oct 30, 2007

NZ Rugby League chairman Andrew Chalmers says he's "gobsmacked" no action is to be taken against Great Britain prop Sam Burgess for a high tackle that has left Kiwi front rower Fuifui Moimoi with jaw and neck injuries.

Moimoi (2Cool is on painkillers after being collared by Burgess (1Cool in Saturday night's 14-20 first test loss at Galpharm Stadium in Huddersfield.

The Kiwi prop is expected to play in Sunday's second test in Hull but couldn't take part in a field training session with the team on Tuesday. Since the test, he has also been unable to eat most solid foods.

But despite the nature of the tackle and its after-effects Burgess, who was put on report by referee Tony Archer, was today cleared for the second test by a three-man match review panel.

"It's deja vu. It was an appalling set-up job to let Morley free last week and this one just leaves me gobsmacked," said Chalmers, who sat in on Tuesday's hearing as an observer.

The Burgess tackle in question was full of malice and clearly directed at Moimoi's jaw. Will be interesting to see how the Kiwis react in the 2nd Test. Now that high shots are oviously fair game - look for the Kiwis to get some payback on Burgess and Morley. Should be a spiteful game
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sure like a whinge don't they? Reminds me of the Umaga spear tackle in the Lions match.

Quote:
Although a citing commissioner decided that there was no case to answer, Umaga found himself in a storm. “The sustained personal attack they [the Lions] launched against me was hard to believe and even harder to stomach,” he writes. “You don’t want to take it personally, but it’s almost impossible not to when another player [O'Driscoll], a guy you had some respect for, attacks your character in the most direct and damning terms.

I guess it's ok when the boot is on the other foot. The rugby officials down there need to learn some manners. If it's not the Aussie bloke saying that all Aussies hate the English it's this fool saying GB players are maniacs. I thought it was supposed to be whining poms but you guys sure do a good impression of throwing the dummy from the pram when things aren't going your way. MoiMoi was dumped to the ground several times by GB players (legally) with big hits but because Burgess mistimes one tackle out come the dummies again.

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adigaskell wrote:
They sure like a whinge don't they? Reminds me of the Umaga spear tackle in the Lions match.

Quote:
Although a citing commissioner decided that there was no case to answer, Umaga found himself in a storm. “The sustained personal attack they [the Lions] launched against me was hard to believe and even harder to stomach,” he writes. “You don’t want to take it personally, but it’s almost impossible not to when another player [O'Driscoll], a guy you had some respect for, attacks your character in the most direct and damning terms.

I guess it's ok when the boot is on the other foot. The rugby officials down there need to learn some manners. If it's not the Aussie bloke saying that all Aussies hate the English it's this fool saying GB players are maniacs. I thought it was supposed to be whining poms but you guys sure do a good impression of throwing the dummy from the pram when things aren't going your way. MoiMoi was dumped to the ground several times by GB players (legally) with big hits but because Burgess mistimes one tackle out come the dummies again.

Adi,we all know that supporters have a whinge about the refs or anything they can use as an excuse when their sides are beaten,but surely you aren't so naive as to think English supporters are not as bad as any other countries supporters when they lose,I am on many forums,and I can assure you if I have seen one pom saying "we were robbed against the Sarfies" I have seen a million,yet ask any "neutral"who has seen that try,and 999 out of every 1000 will say no try,...they are still whinging about it now on some forums,...talk about sour grapes,..you poms can at least equal us Aussies at finding excuses........what about the Kasper incident that cost Australia the 2005 ashes......you only have to watch a slow-mo film of the incident and it is as clear as day Kasper was not out,you poms just laugh whist we had to grin & bare it. Embarassed Embarassed
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, but sports fans are as blinkered as anyone Very Happy To be fair, the Cueto try was correctly ruled out, but I don't know how the video ref could have seen it from the shots shown at the time as it was only in ultra slow motion that it was shown to be correct. Either way, we didn't deserve to win, and didn't win so that's that.

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Rugby League Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business ForumSport ForumTravel Forum