AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

England 12 Australia 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Rugby Union Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
World Champion
World Champion

5441 Ants

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: England 12 Australia 10 Reply with quote

Awwww... sometimes you just wish Wiljoy was still around. Laughing
CoreDefence
Apprentice
Apprentice

8 Ants

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Ha ha ha ha ha......... Reply with quote

This week, I listened to interviews with Aussie supporters on Radio 4, all of those interviewed asserted they 'hate' all things concerned with England and English sport in particular. The choice of subjects was not particularly scientific, more a vox poops (oops, sorry, vox pops). The mood of those interviewed could only be described as jubilant and triumphal, prematurely it transpires.

Typically, the Oz Brigade opened their communal big gob and put their big girly flip-flop right in it, as today's result deliciously demonstrates.

The spectacle of big soppy Oz guys on their knees in tears gave me that never-to-be-forgotten warm feeling that only comes with absolute vindication.

Or was it due to my peeing myself laughing?

I am now trawling the internet for Aussie sports forums wherein said supporters will be cranking up the whinge that so often follows an Australian defeat.

Today, life is sweet.
DanG
World Champion
World Champion

1359 Ants

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: England 12 Australia 10 Reply with quote

paul wrote:
you just wish Wiljoy was still around

I know I haven't been on much recently for various reasons (mainly lack of time due to stupid amounts of work), but i had to come on here just to say something about the result today :
I couldn't agree more Paul. Wiljoy, if you're out there watching/reading, your beloved Australia have been beaten. Is England such a sporting disgrace now?
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a semi-final against France to look forward to Very Happy Who knows, we may retain the bloody thing yet Laughing

[/url]
DanG
World Champion
World Champion

1359 Ants

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic result for the French. The last time i looked, France was 13-0 down, what a comeback! New Zealand will be devastated, but i dont care! I would much rather have to face France than the All Blacks.
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Zealand bottled it, yet again. Quite incredible. Big pressure on South Africa now.

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Ha ha ha ha ha......... Reply with quote

CoreDefence wrote:
This week, I listened to interviews with Aussie supporters on Radio 4, all of those interviewed asserted they 'hate' all things concerned with England and English sport in particular. The choice of subjects was not particularly scientific, more a vox poops (oops, sorry, vox pops). The mood of those interviewed could only be described as jubilant and triumphal, prematurely it transpires.

Typically, the Oz Brigade opened their communal big gob and put their big girly flip-flop right in it, as today's result deliciously demonstrates.

The spectacle of big soppy Oz guys on their knees in tears gave me that never-to-be-forgotten warm feeling that only comes with absolute vindication.

Or was it due to my peeing myself laughing?

I am now trawling the internet for Aussie sports forums wherein said supporters will be cranking up the whinge that so often follows an Australian defeat.

Today, life is sweet.

Now,lets be honest,,how many of you po.....sorry,English people did REALLY expect them to win,...IMO no more than 10% of you. and they would be the real diehards.

But before you start gloating,you will have to beat the Sarfies and you know how hard that will be???.....34-0????

PS you say that Australians hate you English,I dont believe that,we do hate English sport because.......well I wont reiterate on that one,it causes too much hard feeling.

Smile Smile
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit that I didn't give us a hope of beating you guys because our past performances, not just in the WC but over the past two/three years, have really been quite awful. The one glimmer of hope afforded them however was the match against you in 2005 when Sheridan again destroyed your scrum on the way to victory.

As for the next round, who knows. I have to fancy our chances of beating France more than I would of beating New Zealand so it's very possible that we can make the final, although a partisan French crowd will certainly help them as you know they'll be thinking exactly the same thing as us. It will be interesting to see how the second set of quarters go today. What are the chances of Argentina making the final?

[/url]
CoreDefence
Apprentice
Apprentice

8 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Ha ha ha ha ha......... Reply with quote

Quote:
Now,lets be honest,,how many of you po.....sorry,English people did REALLY expect them to win,...IMO no more than 10% of you. and they would be the real diehards.

But before you start gloating,you will have to beat the Sarfies and you know how hard that will be???.....34-0????

PS you say that Australians hate you English,I dont believe that,we do hate English sport because.......well I wont reiterate on that one,it causes too much hard feeling.

Smile Smile[/quote]

Dante, your analysis of the lack of home confidence in an England victory is probably spot on.

I note on the Sky Sports site, Dewi Morris, former England scrum half and now credited as Sky Sport 'Expert', posited the following:

'Dewi Morris believes that Brian Ashton has got it all wrong with his team selection for England's quarter-final clash with Australia'

and

'England's tactics seem to revolve around a massive pack that will hopefully batter the Australians the same way Andrew Sheridan did in November 2005 at Twickenham.
However Morris says that it is a totally different Australian team and that tactic is just not enough'

and, laughably

"The Australians have got a front five who will hold their own in the scrums and the lineouts, but the balance of their back row is phenomenal. We have not picked a back row to compete with them."

This total mis-prediction of what actually transpired is pretty typical of the tone of English 'experts' and pundits pre-match. How baby-faced slaphead Morris must be feeling today with the Sky Sports Homepage still carrying his enormous mis-read of the match is probably only matched by the nauseous dyspepsia felt by Australians everywhere.

As a Sky Sports 'Expert', Morris was probably only expressing the party line laid down by his employer, who is, I think, Australian and will therefore also be feeling as sick as a beer lover in a Fosters brewery.

I am proud to be included in your 10%, I feel no shame in being a 'diehard' in support of the current World Champions and I think that your invocation of the SA result bites you in the bum somewhat. After all, what's it like for your side to be beaten by a team that has caused everyone else so little trouble thus far? Doesn't say much for Australian Rugby huh? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Rugby Union Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum