AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wallabies v Ireland
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Rugby Union Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Wallabies v Ireland Reply with quote

Just heard on our TV that the Irish forwards are going to "bludgeon" the Aussie forwards tomorrow.( Saturday ) could be interesting to see who wins the fights,it's always Australia in the "international Gaelic" football matches. Smile
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have Australia got a front row yet or are they still in Andrew Sheridans pocket? Cool

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adigaskell wrote:
Have Australia got a front row yet or are they still in Andrew Sheridans pocket? Cool

Sorry adi,I dont get you??
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just teasing after the mauling he's given the Aussie front row in the last few matches between us.

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adigaskell wrote:
Just teasing after the mauling he's given the Aussie front row in the last few matches between us.

Do you remember the "maulings" that John Eales used to inflict on the poms in his playing career?? it was a sight to behold. Very Happy

I don't think there would be a single Wallaby supporter that likes the style of rugby that the Lions produce,.. to us it is all brute force & a lot of ignorance,..rarely do they produce flair & excitement from the backs,concentrating on forwards push ,push,push, endless forwards PUSH.....UNIMAGINATIVE style that has prevailed as long as I've followed the game,...yes it has one them one world cup,but not too many new followers I would imagine.Just compare it to the Wallabies,or the All Blacks style,it just isn't worth thinking about,now be truthful adi which style of play would you rather spend your hard earned cash to watch??
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I don't doubt that, we're rubbish to watch, but Andrew Sheridan is probably the best prop in the world so I have to cling to whatever scraps I can.

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adigaskell wrote:
Oh I don't doubt that, we're rubbish to watch, but Andrew Sheridan is probably the best prop in the world so I have to cling to whatever scraps I can.

One thing certainly stops him being ranked No1 prop inthe world,....He has the pace of a snail,I cant think offhand of a front rower in international rugby union that would be slower.
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when did props have to be as quick as backs? This isn't League. He's the best scrummager in world rugby and better than most in the loose. We don't have many world class players, but he's one of them.

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adigaskell wrote:
Since when did props have to be as quick as backs? This isn't League. He's the best scrummager in world rugby and better than most in the loose. We don't have many world class players, but he's one of them.

Adi,if you read my thread closely then tell me where I compared a forward with a back for speed? I said he was the slowest front row forward in International rugby,and as for your thoughts on him being the best scrummager in the world Very Happy I think you must be taking your English heritage a bit far and being a LITTLE???BIASED.personally he would be lucky to tie the bootlaces of the two All Blacks props,and I can think of at least another 3 International props that I would undoubtedly want in MY team in preference to your guy,...He is so well known I cant remember his name off-hand.

My money say's the 2 All Blacks props could give your guy 10 metres start in 100 and still beat him.
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That assumes that running 100m quickly is a requirement for a prop though Smile Sheridan has single handedly destroyed the Aussie scrum a few times now and has done the same to several international front rows. I can't remember the Kiwi scrum doing that to Australia recently.

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adigaskell wrote:
That assumes that running 100m quickly is a requirement for a prop though Smile Sheridan has single handedly destroyed the Aussie scrum a few times now and has done the same to several international front rows. I can't remember the Kiwi scrum doing that to Australia recently.

I wish that statement were true adi,this last 2 years the All Blacks pack has annihilated ours,...sadly Crying or Very sad
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame as the Aussie backs are oustanding.

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adi,I am not doing this to gloat,honestly,but this cutting is from the BBC sports forum which was printed at the time when England were 37-12 down to the All Blacks after 70 minutes play in the second test,it reiterates what I said a couple of threads ago.

Surely someone in power over there can do something to change your style of Rugby and bring it more in line with most other top graded Countries.

England never look like they have an inkling about attacking play even against mediocre opposition. What they need is to go back to basics and understand that passing the ball and creating space is the way to win rugby games."
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite agree. Our attack is woeful and it has been for years. Probably doesn't help having Rob Andrew as chief. He was about as one dimensional a fly half as there was at the time.

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adigaskell wrote:
I quite agree. Our attack is woeful and it has been for years. Probably doesn't help having Rob Andrew as chief. He was about as one dimensional a fly half as there was at the time.

To be honest adi,I have seen Andrews play,(on TV) and if my memory serves me correctly,He had a flair for trying to go through the oppositions centre field,which is something I have NEVER EVER seen Jonty Wilkinson do,they cant possibly be more one dimentional than him.I have three tapes of Australia v England matches that I occasionally watch in which Wilkinson was playing,and I just cannot understand the who-ha given to him,apart from being the best goalkicker in the early 2000s IMO he has absolutely zilch to offer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Rugby Union Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum