AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Springboks v Wallabies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Rugby Union Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Springboks v Wallabies Reply with quote

adi, what are your predictions on the weekends game in SA??,do you rate us with any kind of a chance?
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boks are in good form so they'll be favourites. Can never tell in one off games though.

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adigaskell wrote:
The Boks are in good form so they'll be favourites. Can never tell in one off games though.

I was given to understand this was a Tri-Nations match,which certainly isn't a "one off " match,...anyway adi,I hope you watched this match,if you did it will certainly make you withdraw the knife you seem to have in the back of our forwards,after a cautious first half we really gave the boks forwards a lesson and a hiding,scoring 2 tries without a reply,with 7 minutes left for play I saw the figures on TV ......in The mauls Australia led by 30 to 13 which in anyones books has to be a towelling...I know it hurts us a little because we have a Kiwi coach,but the signs are better now than they have been for a couple of years...Aussie forward Smith was best on Ground....one of the best referees I have seen for a long time,can't remember any wrong decisions he gave.
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see the match but it's an impressive result. Not surprised George Smith played well, he's a fine player and probably second only to Richie McCaw in world flankers.

[/url]
Dante
Champion
Champion

422 Ants

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adigaskell wrote:
I didn't see the match but it's an impressive result. Not surprised George Smith played well, he's a fine player and probably second only to Richie McCaw in world flankers.

Yes adi Smithy has a lot to learn from McCaw,especially how to use Profesional fouls Smile

Seriously I wouldn't want Smithy to inherit too much of McCaws type of skils...he certainly knows how to collapse a scrum at the most appropriate moment for his team and generally gets away with it.
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the way of the role I think. The main jobs of the open side is to dominate the breakdown and support breaks in open play. I know when England were at their best Neil Back would often play very much on the edge of the rule book.

[/url]
adigaskell
World Champion
World Champion

7207 Ants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again I don't have access to the right tv channels to watch the games, but what the heck happened to your lot against the Boks? Heaviest defeat against them ever or something wasn't it?

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Rugby Union Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum