AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Worst injury you or anyone you know has had because of sport

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Health & Fitness Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bohemianparody
Novice
Novice

6 Ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Worst injury you or anyone you know has had because of sport Reply with quote

I find this very interesting, one of my close friends has just snapped her leg from landing on it the 'wrong way' playing netball. Odd yes.
sophiachou
Semi-professional
Semi-professional

64 Ants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are you so happy about it ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xis50
Apprentice
Apprentice

18 Ants

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sophiachou wrote:
why are you so happy about it ?

Laughing haha!

I think the worst one for me was actuallyy when I was at school, some guy got tackled in football, and basically ended up with his shin bone poking out his leg, very grim. a lot of people fainted, which tbh was quite amusing but the poor guy was shellshocked. then a dramatic exit followed with an air ambulance landing on the school field and whisking him away.

dunno why the shin pads didnt work, maybe he wasnt wearing any, cant really remember.

was horrific anyway.
paul
World Champion
World Champion

5441 Ants

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully, I haven't been involved in many games where there's been serious injury. A friend of mine though was luging a few years ago with some friends. One of them crashed and I think was air-lifted away. He ended up having to have his leg amputated, I believe. Sad
Kaashi
Apprentice
Apprentice

6 Ants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once met an accident when I was cycling on the main road. It was in the morning when a car driving faster hits me from the back side. I completely shattered both bones in my body during that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Health & Fitness Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum