AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what is eventually the best training method

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Sports Science Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lou
Novice
Novice

7 Ants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: what is eventually the best training method Reply with quote

I have gone a long way the last two months reading and learning about exercise physiology and energy system and training methods etc.......

I have reached some conclusion but I need some argument so please feel free to correct me or guide me.

1: I came to the conclusion that the best way to train for a specific sport is to practice the sport itself. I mean for example soccer, you need a good aerobic endurance with high anaerobic threshold plus a good powerful sprints with good anaerobic endurance as well.
which could be done theoretically by matching aerobic training with interval training and some power training.
but is it that just by having a soccer match you will be getting all this.
the case might be is that it is wise to go through a whole match just to get the benefit of the training plus training matches does not have the competitiveness necessary for obtaining the desired changes in fitness. that is why exercises would be a better and faster and more economic way to improve fitness.
is that right? Do u agree?

2: the second conclusion or may I say confusion. based on the previous one , that a specific sport event is the best way to exercise and boost the specific fitness of that sport. therefore during the soccer season (specially in Europe where they have two competitive matches a week) I assume all the participated players should have a high level of fitness and would not need for additional exercise to enhance their fitness (aerobic or anaerobic). I think what they do during training session is merely practicing techniques and play strategy, some power training , and stay warm and flexible....

What do u think? do u agree? I will need to know the weekly training program of the soccer season of some club.

3: I think the training and exercise program is spared to the substitute players, and the lower levels of athletes who have not reach yet best level fitness , or it is applied to the high level athletes after the off-season and after injury

what do u think ?

Thanks that will be all
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Sports Science Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum