AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Punchbag?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Boxing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_-J-_
Novice
Novice

4 Ants

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Punchbag? Reply with quote

Might be in the wrong forum and administrators please move if it is. I have a spare room in my home with a multigym in, and i was looking at putting a punchbage in. It would be on a solid brick wall, now would anybody be able to advise me on the size of bag to get and also the type of bracket, or is it better to hang this from the celling or in a garage.

Thanks J
full back
Champion
Champion

204 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly I would go for the room inside your home so your punch bag is kept nice and tidy. I had one in my garage and know from experience that equipment gets messy. Also youíve got the nice warmth inside the house while you train something you donít get in a garage and in the winter months the garage isnít very nice.

I would generally get a 4ft bag if I were using the bag just for boxing. But I would get a 6ft bag if you want to use it for martial arts so you are able to kick low. But having a 6ft bag is a big obstacle in your way if you have to keep putting the bag up, and down while your not using it. If youíve got the space then go for it.

You can purchase a wall bracket for about £25 - http://www.gymworld.co.uk/prodpage.asp?ProdID=692 just a site I found of google.

I would get a nice heavy bag so it doesnít move all over the place when you hit it. Iím sure that you can buy bags that you can fill up yourself.

Good luck with the search, and let me know if you get sorted. Thumbs Up
A fitness resource online
Jamie
Apprentice
Apprentice

21 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Punching bag Reply with quote

Its been my experience that home fitted punch bags only do one thing......Fall down!

I've had many friends into boxing and martial arts who have fitted punch bags with brackets etc, some have even been installed professionally. BUT anything that is punched or kicked regularly will eventually come down and they always do, often leaving unsightly marks. This also goes for speedballs and wall to ceiling balls!

My advice would be to get in touch with Everlast, they do a spring loaded punch ball which is connected to a heavy base. It costs about £299 and wears well, it can also be disassembled!
full back
Champion
Champion

204 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, a bracket will be fine as long as itís drilled into a sturdy brick wall. And you use some big screws. You must be a clone of Bruce Lee to punch down a punch bag lol Wink
A fitness resource online
twistedsun
Novice
Novice

5 Ants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a bag with a solid base is always the best choice for me..
but here's a precaution: I read in PickyGuide that sway is important since too much swaying can be difficult to punch while those that do not sway can damage your muscles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Boxing Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum ē Sport Forum ē Travel Forum