AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What does it take

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Coaching & Training Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capebretoner
Semi-professional
Semi-professional

131 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: What does it take Reply with quote

I am thinking about helping out at a local rink and coach some minor hockey.

However I would like to know what you think it takes to be a good coach, especially with young impressionable minds. This really reaches out to all sports since I believe that all good coaches, no matter what the sport have similar qualities. However I am not sure what they are, and can't put them into words
CoachRob
Apprentice
Apprentice

24 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cape,

Being a good coach for me is being able to bring out the best in people. I caoch in Sports mental game, business and life coaching and I generally use the same principles with all of them. However, I cannot use the same principles with all people as different things motivate different personalities.

Communication is also key and the best thing you could study for this is NLP. I use alot of NLP techniques when I am Coaching, especially with Golfers to change their mental states quickly. Read up on eye patterns also.

Robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Coaching & Training Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum