AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matt Wilson - best British hope for WRC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Motorsport Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laura
Apprentice
Apprentice

12 Ants

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Matt Wilson - best British hope for WRC? Reply with quote

Imagine winning a stage on a world championship rally when you're just 18 years old. That's exactly what Matt Wilson has done in Argentina this weekend. (Actually he might be 19 now, I'm not 100% sure!) AND he finished in the top 10. AND he beat Marcus Gronholm!

Is he our best prospect for getting a British driver into a works team in the WRC again? Matt's Dad may be the Ford team boss with all the advantages that brings, but his Dad can't drive the car for him!
brownmouse
Novice
Novice

7 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say he's the best prospect, as you never know who could be round the corner, but it looks it at the moment.

Malcolm has no doubt helped get Matt where he is. Natural really, if your dad is a big name driver then it's bound to run off... same way it did with Graham and Damon Hill. If you're growing up used to the scene then you'll get into it. Plus, I guess the opportunity to take a car for a spin round Wythop woods was always there, whereas to many it would be a case of spending lots of money to even get close...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Motorsport Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum